Here are some basic things I need from each Player (in no particular order).
- Register for a Gmail account if you don't have one already. You can have multiple Gmail accounts, and they're helpful for using various Google features like calendars and whatnot. You can sign up HERE. Send me your Gmail account somehow – FB message, email, etc.
- Create a backstory. There are two ways you can go about this; either by completing the Life Path Questionnaire, or not. If you have an idea for a backstory, that trumps the questionnaire every time; your creativity is always better than a menu item. If you use the questionnaire, I'll receive the answers. If you choose to write your own backstory, just send me the text of it and I'll review it (and probably want to work with you to tighten things up so they fit the setting of the campaign). Let me know when you've completed this, and…
- I'll add your Character to the Characters page! If you're writing your own backstory, I'll need:
- Your Character's Name
- A Quick Description – please add the [adjective][noun] who [verbs] description
- Any details of the backstory you'd like included.
- From there on, it's creating a character using the rules (including the House Rules, which you can find here), or working with me to define your concept, and I'll handle the numbers. Pathfinder is (admittedly) an extremely complex system , especially for newcomers, but the rules should be secondary to the imaginative experience for everyone.
- Draw your character, or something that they value or represents them. I know this sounds weird, especially for folks who are self-conscious about their art skills, but it's incredibly useful. You'll probably discover things about your character that you never knew, because you're using a visual language to describe them.